Year 4 Chimpanzee project
Our Year 4 children have started a collaborative project between Dudley Zoo & Castle, the Tacugama Chimpanzee Sanctuary (Freetown, Sierra Leone), nearly 500 learners in Loma, Sierra Leone, and of course – Straits Primary School!
As of this project, our Year 4 pupils will:
• Learn about another country, culture and way of life.
• Increase their awareness of the issues impacting chimpanzees.
• Participate in an introductory session to learn about the project.
• Participate in a pen-pal scheme with learners in Loma, Sierra Leone.
• Receive a free school visit to Dudley Zoo & Castle, to see a group of chimpanzees in person!
Year 4 Multiplication Check
The DfE introduced a multiplication check test to check Year 4 children's fluency in their multiplication times tables. It will take place in school in June as part of our Year 4 curriculum. The children will complete an on screen test to check their tables. They will have 6 seconds to answer each question. There will be 25 questions altogether.
To practise tables:
There are multiplication / tables games on our class page.
Children can use TT Rockstars.
The website below is the closest version of the June test - if children want to practise - click on the link below. Good luck!
Times tables practice