Mrs. Nicholls Miss. Swansborough Mrs. Grealey Mrs. O'Conner
Mrs. Vellender Miss. Millward Ms. Razzaq Miss Gutteridge
Hello from the Foundation Team. We are really excited that you are starting your educational journey at Straits Primary School. We are looking forward to a busy and fun filled year ahead. We can't wait to see you learn and grow! Please keep an eye out on our year group page for key information and to take a sneak peak at some of the fantastic learning that goes on inside and outside our classrooms.
During Autumn we will be getting to know our classrooms, making new friends and learning our school routines.
Our topics this term will be:
- 'All About Me'. We will explore different families, learn about their emotions and how they may feel in different situations.
- 'Traditional Tales'. We will immerse the children in a range of fantastic stories, exploring them through role play, language and pictures.
- 'Celebrations'. This gives the children the opportunity to explore a range of celebrations from around the world such as Harvest, Hanukkah, Diwali, Bonfire Night and the Christmas story.
If you have any questions please feel free to speak to a member of staff or you can email us at
- PE days are on a Monday and Thursday. Please ensure long hair is tied back and earrings are removed.
- Bring a coat to school every day… no matter what the weather may be as we continually access the outdoor area.
- Make sure all of your child’s belongings are clearly labelled with their name, especially water bottles.
- Fruit can be donated on Monday’s, Tuesday’s and Wednesday’s (thank you for your generosity)
- Your child’s reading book and diary should be brought to school every day in their blue book bag.
- Homework books (purple book) should be put in the box outside the foundation entrance every Thursday morning.
- Homework and reading books are changed on a Friday.
- Please hear your child read 4 times a week.